When you manually edit .axml files inside Visual Studio 2013 you don’t have any minimal intellisense support, and, as Visual Studio user, you know how frustrating is typing without any kind of help.
Since editing the same file using the XML editors brings you a ‘partial’ intellisense i tried to find what was the difference and finally found how to enable it also inside Android designer source view.
- 1-With Designer in source view, select Visual Studio’s xml menu and then Schemas…
- 2-Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android and select android-layout-xml.xsd file.
- 3-Click Ok to confirm and dismiss the dialog.
- Here’s what you now get when typing android: in source view:
- Of course, this is not the same experience we have in XAML, but better than nothing.
- After adding the schema, the first time you add a new Android layout Visual Studio asks you to trust a new file, just select Trust and everything will work as usual in future.